November 29, 2017

Cataloging Catalogs: Fabrics, Montgomery Ward Spring/Summer 1943


In our last flip through the Spring/Summer 1943 Montgomery Wards catalog we took a look at the hats available, but today we will take a look at what fabrics (and some sewing patterns too!) were available! 

Like everything in these old catalogs, I wish I could place an order for many of these fabrics, especially as it is so much harder these days to find nice apparel fabrics. I dream about finding these lovely rayons and super cute apparel weight cottons. These detailed descriptions of textiles and accompanying examples of dresses are great reference for those of us looking to do as many of our grandmothers did and sew our own 1940's dresses! Let's browse these pages and together dream of world beyond the quilting cotton purgatory we live in here in the modern world...

























1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I'd love to get my hands on so many of those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...