February 15, 2018

Power Suited















To be honest, in an idealized fully social media savvy world, I would have liked to have a few more *ahem* normal outfits between this look and the last one I shared here on the blog, since they are so stylistically similar. The online world also craves reality though right? This is the look I've been wearing lately on repeat, I can't help it!

Frankly, it's outfits like this one, ensembles that are so empowering, make me feel so confident and great, that make me wonder why everyone able doesn't choose to dress in 1940's suits. I mean, sure some people still have a fear of shoulder pads from the 1980's, but listen...shoulder pads are amazing. Give me big shoulders, big faux fur collars, a cinched waist and flicked out eyeliner any day and I'm a happy gal.

Of course, this outfit is once again very Rachael from Blade Runner. Which is why I'm afraid I am boring you with all these derivative looks. I'm not exactly cosplaying, but at this point it's getting close. The look is just too good, I can't help but adopt it to suit my tastes. If anyone wants to donate some 1940's Adrian suits to my wardrobe to complete the full true vintage meets Blade Runner loop I'm happy to accept them. The only thing that really makes this ensemble inappropriate for the 1940s would be the black fishnets, which would have been scandalous perhaps for a day wear outfit like this. Other than that though, it's only due to the look becoming so associated with science fiction versions of Noir that this outfit seems futuristic in anyway. Well, I guess that, and my purple hair, and choice of a street art backdrop here...

There is no mystery to my sartorial inspirations these days, but that's alright with me. As you can see here, we went on a search for graffiti recently downtown and found so much cool street art! I'd love to just walk around and document it all but it's simply too cold to be doing that for now. Very different vibes from the sterile suburban area I live most of my daily life in, but so much more vibrant. Though who am I kidding, I live my life here on the internet ;)

Suit, Clutch, Gloves, Earrings: Vintage
Faux Fur Collar: Made by me
Fishnets: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Nine West

18 comments:

  1. I love the juxtaposition of the suit with the street art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY GUACAMOLE THAT FIRST SHOT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! (Get it? Get it?!) Heheheh.. B I absolutely love this look and never ever stop looking fabulous! I love that it's Blade Runner inspired (I don't even care that much about that movie but yes I love this look!!!). Your hair looks amazing and I love how this is the perfect vintage futuristic outfit!! That photo with the side profile? UGH. FREAKIN FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora! It was cold and windy outside this day but the artwork was too awesome not to use as a backdrop, especially when we encountered this amazing galaxy like wall <3

      Delete
  3. Rachel from Blade runner was my first thought! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you have this on repeat. It's a stunning winter look, and once again you manage to look utterly classical and just that bit edgy too! Lovely! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's hard to get excited about dressing for winter sometimes ;)

      Delete
  5. What wonderful pictures! I love the 1940's suited style, and have a big weakness for street art, so this was just my thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the first picture I thought you had done some crazy photoshop overlays- and then I realized that it was street art! That is definitely the perfect backdrop for this outfit, which I love.
    And don't be sorry about sharing what you are actually wearing- that's what we are here for! I love seeing how you remix your wardrobe. Also- I get into cycles where I just wear the same mix and matched over and over again, so I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I have been so bad about getting new sewing done that remixing what I already have has been very necessary this winter so far ;)

      Delete
  7. You are not boring me in the slightest! This look is just as amazing as the last - maybe even more so, because I love that beautiful fur collar and the colorful graffiti background. No wonder you're wearing it on repeat! Anyone would want to look this stylishly cool every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I love this faux fur collar, the fabric was such a lucky find as it is such a lush recreation of the real deal.

      Delete
  8. These are amazing photos! Don't apologise for the outfits as why mess with something that works so well. The backgrounds are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look, never bored of it. Super backdrop and photos. I love the outfit and the graffiti paired together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...